Neyla Lee Ortiz
Neyla Lee started her legal career at the law firm of González Nieto Barea & Balzac. Early in her career, she focused her practice on civil and corporate law. During that time, she was also appointed as Administrative Judge for the National Guard of Puerto Rico in the cases related with the Act No. 7 of 2009 (Special Act Declaring a Fiscal Emergency Status and Establishing Comprehensive Plan Fiscal Stabilization to Save the Credit of Puerto Rico). Neyla Lee also handles labor, commercial, bankruptcy and appellate matters.
Neyla Lee joined Estrella, LLC in 2010 as an associate. Since then, she has been actively engaged in litigation, premises liability and insurance defense, family law (including the drafting of living wills, last wills and testaments, and appointment of a guardian for an incapacitated adult’s process), corporate matter, administrative law and consumer affairs practice. Neyla Lee is also a Public Notary.
- University of Puerto Rico, Río Piedras Campus/BA, Labor Relations/Cum Laude/ Member of A.E.R.L. (“Asociación de Estudiantes de Relaciones Laborales”)/ Labor Practice in Electric Power Authority of Puerto Rico
- Inter-American University of Puerto Rico/J.D./Summer Program in Europe: England, Italy & Spain/Member & Vice-President of A.N.E.D. (“Asociación Nacional de Estudiantes de Derecho”)/Member & Treasury of E.D.U.C.C.A. (“Estudiantes de Derecho Unidos Creando Conciencia Ambiental”)/President of Class (2004-2005)/Student Senator on Academic Senate (2005-2007)
- Federal Bar Association
- Colegio de Abogado de Puerto Rico
- American Bar Association/ Member, Educational Pipeline Committee
- Member of team of lawyers and notary publics working on the conversion of close to 200 service stations from the Texaco brand to Puma Energy
- Secured the dismissal of over a dozen premises liability lawsuits against retail clients