Maité Medero first joined Estrella, LLC in 2009. Her professional career began in 2006 at Ramos & Toyos Law Offices where she focused on labor & employment law, gaining extensive experience in both private industry and the public sector. At Estrella, she expanded labor & employment law practice advising and representing Puerto Rico’s largest employers. Additionally, developed an active litigation practice at Estrella, with an emphasis on assisting retail clients. Ms. Medero also became a sought-after speaker and trainer in human resources matters. Thru her involvement in the Association of Human Resources Professionals, which she presided in 2019, she became an industry leader.
Ms. Medero left the Firm in 2021 to finish a LLM in Business Law from the University of Puerto Rico School of Law. Having completed her degree, Ms. Medero returns to Estrella LLC to lead the Firm’s Labor and Employment Practice, a vibrant and growing practice.
- University of Puerto Rico School of Law/LLM in Business Law/2022
- University of Puerto Rico School of Law/J.D./2005
- University of Puerto Rico/B.S./2002/Magna Cum Laude
- Asociación de Profesionales en Relaciones Laborales/President, 2019/Member of the Board, 2016-18
- Federal Bar Association
- SHRM, Puerto Rico Chapter
- Puerto Rico Bar Association
- Successfully represented national big box retainer in wrongful dismissal case ensuring granting of Motion for Summary Judgment.
- Assist local employer in the implementation of human resources policies and labor law; intensive labor training.
- Efficient mediation and settlement negotiation of wrongful discharge claims for multinational employers.
- Effective counseling of start up employer in arbitration proceedings and hearing ensuring a victory.
- Guidance to local employer in a major and complex case involving discharge of 90% of their employees due to violations of their rules of conduct.
Professional & Community Involvement
- Board Member, Asociación Profesionales Relaciones Laborales (Association of Labor Relations Professionals)/Member since 2012/Elected to Board in 2016, 2017 & 2018/Elected President for 2019