Angel O. Rey Seijo
Mr. Rey is a year short of two decades in multiple legal fields, including labor and employment law, administrative law, contracts and corporate law. Mr. Rey is strongly experienced in multiple facets of labor and employment law and human resources management, including but not limited to: labor relations; employee relations; compensation and benefits; talent acquisition and retention; succession planning; organizational development and workforce planning; strategic management; positive leadership and management trainings; administration of policies, practices and procedures; health & wellness; recruitment and retention.
In his 19 years of legal experience, Mr. Rey has represented many clients as chief spokesperson in contract negotiations of both successor and first collective bargaining agreements, as well as with the administration of said collective bargaining agreements. Additionally, Mr. Rey has litigated numerous cases before the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB), the Bureau of Conciliation and Arbitration of the Puerto Rico Department of Labor and Human Resources, as well as in other private arbitration forums.
Before joining the firm as of counsel, Mr. Rey was dedicated for over 12 years as Human Resources Director and Labor Relations Counsel for NBCUniversal Media, LLC, one of the biggest media and entertainment companies in the United States. He had independent lead responsibility in providing guidance and advice to business leaders and managers with matters relating to labor relations and positive employment practices.
- University of Puerto Rico, School of Law, Cum Laude (2001)
- University of Puerto Rico, BA Latin American Studies, Cum Laude (1998)
- Association of Labor Relations Practitioners
- Federal Bar Association
- Society for Human Resources Management
- Media Law Resource Center
- Associate Judge for the Sports Arbitration and Appeals Court of
- the Puerto Rico Olympic Committee
- President of the Appeals Board for Non-Academic Staff for the University of Puerto Rico