Alejandro J. García
Alejandro J. García Acabá is a corporate attorney with vast experience in retail, franchising, commercial agreements, inheritance and notarial law. He has been working at Estrella, LLC since 2014, and has been instrumental to our corporate and commercial department. Alejandro is immersed in the handling of all types of contracts and franchise agreements, including but not limited to the preliminary contracts or letters of intent that needs to take place prior to the execution of the final agreements, as well as the execution of the commercial transactions themselves.
He also has extensive experience in preparation and execution of Deeds of Lease and Sale of oil and gas company properties. In addition, his practice also extended to counseling clients on inheritance and estate planning.
As part of his commitment with future generations he has been devoted to advice emerging entrepreneurs in non-profit organizations focused in evolving Puerto Rico’s entrepreneurial ecosystem.
- University of Puerto Rico School of Law / JD / 2012
- University of Puerto Rico / BBA – TV and Radio Communication Technology / 2009 / Magna Cum Laude
- Colegio de Abogados de Puerto Rico
- Asociación de Notarios de Puerto Rico
- American Bar Association
Professional & Community Involvement
- Pro Bono attorney for “Notarios por Puerto Rico” Program, program sponsored by the Puerto Rico Notary Association that provides notary services, advice and prepares legal documents for indigent clients.
- Comunidad Misionera de Villaregia, Arecibo, PR
- CMV Casa sin Fronteras, Inc. / Secretary of the Board of Directors / 2014
- Continuity during COVID-19/ Estrella, LLC Webinar/ 2020
- Workshops Business Organization and basic legal protections, at the Semillas Community Micro-Business Incubator, from Casa Sin Fronteras, Inc.
- Workshops about Business Permits, at the Semillas Community Micro-Business Incubator, from Casa Sin Fronteras, Inc.
- Co-counsel for oil and gas company in corporate and commercial matters for Puerto Rico and the Americas.
- Lead project for multimillion dollar leases and franchising agreements for gasoline retailers.
- Advised oil and gas group in the incorporation of a new entity for the engagement of business activities related to the investment in power generation in Puerto Rico.
- Assist client in the preparation of the Operating Agreement and in obtaining the basic permits to operate the business in Puerto Rico.
- Serves in team of lawyers advising Executors in estate matters in Puerto Rico.
- Lead project for the sale of several real properties of oil and gas company.
- Co-counsel for buyers in a multimillion-dollar international transaction involving the purchase of certain assets from major retailer in Bankruptcy Court and advise Client on the corporate financing of the transaction and the corporate reorganization.
- Advised Client to undertake a due diligence and restructuring exercise for an oil and gas group, in order to establish a separate infrastructure division comprising the Group’ storage and terminals business in Puerto Rico.
- Advised oil and gas group in an important transaction for the investment in power generation in Puerto Rico.