Ms. Natal is our Corporate Practice Leader. Professionally, as an attorney, Ms. Natal worked for eleven years at Pellot González, P.S.C. (also known as “Pellot González Tax Attorneys and Counselors at Law”), where she handled corporate and commercial matters, including corporate governance and counseling, mergers and acquisitions and provided tax counseling on industrial, agricultural, tourism and other tax incentive grants for the clients of the firm. She also handled private letter rulings for the firm’s clients before the Puerto Rico Treasury Department as well as representing them in the negotiation of closing agreements with several governmental agencies. Mrs. Natal also provided employment and labor law counseling to the firm’s clients on state and federal law. She also has extensive experience in sales and use tax issues, administrative proceedings, and notarial law. In addition, she was very active in providing advice on inheritance, trusts, and estate planning. Prior to joining Estrella LLC, Mrs. Natal had her own private practice and focused her attention on a variety of corporate and commercial transactions. Particularly, reorganization of existing businesses by way of mergers, acquisitions, corporate divisions, and others. She also handled general corporate matters, due diligence, corporate governance, corporate financing and counseling and a wide array of business and commercial consultations. Her knowledge and experience in taxation, contracts, labor, and corporate law allowed her to provide a complete and sound advice to the client’s businesses. Lastly, her practice also extended to counseling clients on inheritance, trusts, and estate planning.
In 2020, Neysha was recognized for her legal excellence and ranked by Legal 500 as a Next Generation Partner in the Corporate area. As part of her commitment with future generations she has been devoted to advice emerging entrepreneurs in non-profit organizations focused in evolving Puerto Rico’s entrepreneurial ecosystem.
- Carlos Albizu University, MS in Industrial and Organizational Psychology/ 2019.
- University of Puerto Rico School of Law/JD (with honors)/2005
- University of Puerto Rico/BA (magna cum laude) in Political Science, minor in Psychology/2001
- Member, Puerto Rico Bar Association
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Washington Center
- Member, National Hispanic Environmental Council
- Secretary of the Board of Trustees of NUC University, a for profit private university in Puerto Rico and Florida.
- Society for Industrial and Organizational Psychology (“SIOP”).
Honors & Awards
- Continental Award Who’s Who 2010 & 2011
- Caribbean Business’ Legal Eagles Recognition, 2006, 2010 & 2014
- Recognized as 2020 Next Generation Partner for Corporate in Legal 500 Puerto Rico Edition.
Other Affiliations and Certifications
- Green Belt Certification from the Six Sigma Global Institute, 2019
- Contributor for the Corporate M&A 2022 – Puerto Rico Trends & Developments Chapter published by Chambers Global Practice Guides.
- Contributor of “Puerto Rico: Mergers & Acquisitions”, published by The Legal 500/2021, available here: https://www.legal500.com/guides/chapter/puerto-rico-mergers-acquisitions/
- Puerto Rico’s Tax Regulations on Aviation, published by L2b Aviation/2021, available here: https://l2baviation.com/tax-regulations/puerto-rico/
- Contributor of “COVID-19 Regulations and Safety Measures in Latin America & the Caribbean”(Puerto Rico’s Corporate and Tax topics), published by Meritas Law Firms Worldwide/2020, available here: https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/meritas-law-firms-providing-covid-19-legal-resources-latin-mclellan-1e
- The Effects of the Tax Reform Act of 2006 on Puerto Rico’s Tourism Industry, Caribbean Business; 11/30/2006, Vol. 34, Issue 47.
- Avoiding crisis in the digital era/7thAnnual Women Who Lead Summit/2020
- Business Continuity during COVID-19/ Estrella, LLC Webinar/ 2020
- Opportunity Zones: What are they and how do they work?/Puerto Rico Minority Supplier Development Council/2019
- Estate Planning for the Professional Leaders/6thAnnual Women Who Lead Summit/2019
- Empresas de Familia II: Gobernanza, Crecimiento, Ejecución y Futuro/2017
- Co-counsel for buyers in a multimillion-dollar international transaction involving the purchase and sale of valuable commercial hotel assets from a foreign conglomerate of entities.
- Co-counsel for buyers in a multimillion-dollar international transaction involving the purchase of certain assets from the Bankruptcy Court and advise Client on the corporate financing of the transaction and the corporate reorganization.
- Advised Client to undertake a due diligence and restructuring exercise for an oil and gas group, in order to establish a separate infrastructure division comprising the Group’ storage and terminals business in Puerto Rico.
- Advised oil and gas group in an important transaction for the investment in power generation in Puerto Rico.
- Advised oil and gas holding company in an essential transaction for setting and operating a Shared Service Centre for Finance Operations and Business Support Functions in Latin America.
- Counsel for sellers in a multimillion-dollar international transaction involving the sale of stocks to a foreign conglomerate of entities.
- Represent several clients in key due diligence proceedings for the acquisition and/or expansion of their operations in and outside Puerto Rico.
- Structure complex statutory merger agreements and reorganizations for prominent companies organized or doing business in Puerto Rico.
- Represent several clients in key corporate financing transactions involving local and foreign financial institutions and/or banks.
- Represent several clients in the application and process as to former Laws73-2008, Law 74-2010, Law 20-2012, Law 22-2012, among other tax incentives laws. Currently assisting Clients with the same procedures but under Act 60-2019, also known as the Incentives Code of Puerto Rico. This Act codifies incentives granted for diverse purposes throughout decades with the aim to foster economic development more effectively. The Act is divided into six subtitles and tax incentives are codified in different chapters.
- Structure and counsel for seller in complex sale of assets of a local company.
- Advise oil and gas company in corporate and commercial matters for the Americas.
- Serves as counsel for corporate and commercial matters for renewable energy clients.
- Registered vast trademarks and commercial names in PRTO and USPTO.