Karina Rodríguez Villanueva
Karina Rodríguez is a Labor & Employment and Litigation Associate at Estrella, LLC. Karina concentrates her practice in labor and employment law matters, including court and administrative litigation, appeals, negotiations, drafting of contracts, and counseling. Karina also has experience in different types of civil and commercial claims.
Karina graduated from the University of Puerto Rico, Río Piedras Campus (Summa Cum Laude) with a Bachelor’s Degree in Political Science. She earned her Juris Doctor from the Interamerican University, School of Law (Summa Cum Laude) in 2018 and was subsequently admitted to practice law in the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico in 2019.
While attending law school, Karina worked as Law Clerk to the Hon. Erick Kolthoff Caraballo at the Supreme Court of Puerto Rico where she collaborated in various practice areas. She also participated in the XXIV Competencia de Debate Don Miguel Velázquez Rivera obtaining first place.
Before joining the Firm, Karina worked at a well-known civil litigation firm, Morell Cartagena & Dapena LLC. She has counseled and defended numerous clients, ranging from small personal businesses to multinational companies at both trial and appellate levels.
- Interamerican University, School of Law, Summa Cum Laude (2018)
- University of Puerto Rico, Río Piedras Campus, Summa Cum Laude (2015)
- American Bar Association Member
Honors & Awards
- First place in the in the XXIV Competencia de Debate Don Miguel Velázquez Rivera.
- University of Puerto Rico’s Honors Program.
- Successfully represented local and stateside employers in wrongful dismissal, retaliation, and discrimination matters.
- Successfully represented clients in diverse commercial and civil claims.
- Secured the dismissal of client where a beneficiary was claiming damages due to lack of coverage from a health insurance company.
- Successfully represented banks in title insurance claims.
- Represented different health insurance companies in coverage claims.
- Counseled employers regarding personnel policies, wage and hours compliance, hiring, disciplining, and firing employees.
- Drafted employment agreements, employee handbooks for small personal businesses and multinational companies.