William Estrella (1935-2018)
William Estrella (1935-2018) was the founder of the firm and until his retirement in 2014, he was one of the most renowned trial attorneys in Puerto Rico. In 1960, he joined the firm as an associate of the then-named James R. Beverley Law Firm. In 1974, after the death of Mr. Beverley, he continued his practice as the managing partner of the firm then named William Estrella Law Offices. Throughout the years, he has been leading counsel on some of the most important litigations in Puerto Rico. He has been involved in all of Texaco’s litigation in Puerto Rico for over 50 years, especially under the Petroleum Marketing Practices Act. His experience in litigation extended to other areas including Higher Education, Health, Premises Law and General Litigation. He passed away on March 21, 2018, but will always be remembered.
- University of Puerto Rico School of Law/J.D./1960/Cum Laude
- University of Puerto Rico/B.S./1957
- Member American Bar Association
- Member Federal Bar Association
- Member Puerto Rico Bar Association
Honors & Awards
- The Supreme Court of Puerto Rico Board of Bar Examiners/Member/1971-73
- Certificate of Merits from American College of Hospitals Administrators, Puerto Rico Chamber/1983
- Certificate of Achievement from The Antilles Command of the U.S. Army
- El Contrato de Promesa de Compraventa, Revista Jurídica, Universidad de Puerto Rico, Volumen XXVIII, Noviembre-Diciembre 1958, Núm. 2, Pág. 222.
- El Embarazo Antenupcial por Otro como Constitutivo de Trato Cruel. Rosado v. Rivera, 81 DPR 158 (1959), William Estrella y José E. Quiles Espinosa, Pág. 61, Revista Jurídica, Universidad de Puerto Rico, Volumen XXIX, Diciembre 1959, Núm. 1.