Rhayza Syd Rivera Ortiz
Rhayza Syd Rivera Ortiz graduated from the University of Puerto Rico in Carolina (Cum Laude) with a Bachelor of Business Administration. She earned her Juris Doctor from the Inter-American University of Puerto Rico School of Law in 2016 and was admitted to practice law in the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico in 2017.
While attending law school, Rhayza worked as a Staff Analyst at McConnell Valdés Consulting, Inc. where she collaborated with highly specialized legal teams from the corporate, real estate and finance practice groups. During this time, she handled a broad range of topics regarding real estate matters such as resort and hospitality development, permitting process, and entertainment projects. Additionally, she also represented various clients in filing and compliance of grants and subsidy programs.
Before joining the Corporate Team at Estrella, LLC, Rhayza worked in the Information Technology Vendor Management Division of Triple-S Salud, Inc. a leading insurance company in Puerto Rico, providing analysis and guidance on areas such as hosting agreements, hardware and software purchase agreements, hardware and software support and maintenance agreements, data center management, applications development and maintenance, desktop and device support, and telecommunications management.
- Inter-American University of Puerto Rico School of Law / J.D. / 2016
- University of Puerto Rico, Carolina Campus / BA, Finance/Cum Laude / 2009
- Provided continuous support through the financing, development, construction, and operation of a select service hotel portfolio in Puerto Rico.
- Spearheaded the application and compliance process of salary incentives programs pursuant to the Promotion of Employment Opportunities Act and the Federal Workforce Investment Act (“WIA”) for several clients.
- Prepared tax concession applications including but not limited to the request of tax credits pursuant to Act 74, 2010 known as the Tourism Development Act.
- Provided special assistance, interpretation and compliance guidance of a Master Services Agreement between the largest health insurance company in Puerto Rico and a leading information and technology-enabled health services company for the implementation of a digital innovation strategy which included information and technology services transformation to a cloud-based platform, application development and claims processing services.