Mrs. Natal is our new Corporate Practice Leader. She has a B.A. (magna cum laude) in Political Science from the University of Puerto Rico with a minor in Psychology, graduating in 2001. In 2005, she graduated from the University of Puerto Rico School of Law with honors. She was admitted to practice law in the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico in 2006. Mrs. Natal is currently pursuing a Master’s Degree (M.S.) in Industrial and Organizational Psychology from Carlos Albizu University.
Professionally, as an attorney, Mrs. Natal worked for eleven years at Pellot González, P.S.C. (also known as “Pellot González Tax Attorneys and Counselors at Law”), where she handled corporate and commercial matters, including corporate governance and counseling, mergers and acquisitions and provided tax counseling on industrial, agricultural, tourism and other tax incentive grants for the clients of the firm. She also handled private letter rulings for the firm’s clients before the Puerto Rico Treasury Department as well as representing them in the negotiation of closing agreements with several governmental agencies. Mrs. Natal also provided employment and labor law counseling to the firm’s clients on state and federal law. She also has extensive experience in sales and use tax issues, administrative proceedings and notarial law. In addition, she was very active in providing advice on inheritance, trusts and estate planning.
Prior to joining Estrella LLC, Mrs. Natal had her own private practice and focused her attention on a variety of corporate and commercial transactions. Particularly, reorganization of existing businesses by way of mergers, acquisitions, corporate divisions and others. She also handled general corporate matters, due diligence, corporate governance and counseling and a wide array of business and commercial consultations. Her knowledge and experience in taxation, contracts, labor and corporate law allowed her to provide a complete and sound advice to the client’s businesses. Lastly, her practice also extended to counseling clients on inheritance, trusts and estate planning.
- Carlos Albizu University, MS in Industrial and Organizational Psychology/ Expected, Summer 2019.
- University of Puerto Rico School of Law/JD (with honors)/2005
- University of Puerto Rico/BA (magna cum laude) in Political Science, minor in Psychology/2001
- Member, Puerto Rico Bar Association
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Washington Center
- Member, National Hispanic Environmental Council
Honors & Awards
- Continental Award Who’s Who 2010 & 2011
- Caribbean Business’ Legal Eagles Recognition, 2010
- The Effects of the Tax Reform Act of 2006 on Puerto Rico’s Tourism Industry, Caribbean Business; 11/30/2006, Vol. 34, Issue 47.
- Empresas de Familia II: Gobernanza, Crecimiento, Ejecución y Futuro/2017
- Counsel for sellers in a multi-million dollar international transaction involving the sale of stocks to a foreign conglomerate of entities.
- Represent several clients in due diligence proceedings for the acquisition and/or expansion of their operations in and outside Puerto Rico.
- Structure complex statutory merger agreements and reorganizations for prominent companies in Puerto Rico.
- Represent several clients in the application and process as to of Law 73-2008, Law 74-2010, Law 20-2012, among other tax incentives laws.
- Structure and counsel for seller in complex sale of assets of a local company.
- Registered vast trademarks in PRTO and USPTO.