Maite Medero is a seasoned trial attorney specializing in labor & employment and civil litigation. Her career began in 2006 at Ramos & Toyos Law Offices where she focused on labor & employment law, gaining extensive experience in both private industry and the public sector.
Ms. Medero joined Estrella, LLC in 2009 where she has had the opportunity to continue and expand her practice in labor & employment law successfully representing employers in litigation and mediations in courts and administrative forums as well. Additionally, she has developed an active litigation practice at Estrella, with an emphasis on assisting retail clients. She is also actively engaged in real estate matters (litigation and transactional) for Firm clients, with an emphasis on assisting energy industry client.
Currently she serves as President of the Puerto Rico Association of Labor Relations Professionals.
- University of Puerto Rico School of Law/J.D./2005
- University of Puerto Rico/B.S./2002/Magna Cum Laude
- Asociación de Profesionales en Relaciones Laborales/President, 2019/Member of the Board, 2016-18
- Federal Bar Association
- Puerto Rico Bar Association
- Successfully represented national big box retainer in wrongful dismissal case ensuring granting of Motion for Summary Judgment.
- Assist local employer in the implementation of human resources policies and labor law; intensive labor training.
- Efficient mediation and settlement negotiation of wrongful discharge claims for multinational employers.
- Effective counseling of start up employer in arbitration proceedings and hearing ensuring a victory.
- Guidance to local employer in a major and complex case involving discharge of 90% of their employees due to violations of their rules of conduct.
- Handled real estate work for the the conversion of over 50 service stations form Texaco brand to Puma Energy.
- Handle real estate litigation for energy client.
- Effectively represented retail clients in dozens of claims at Department of Consumer Affairs regarding lease agreement and service provided.
- Defending multinational company in a dispute with major insurance company regarding duty to defense clause obtaining a favorable ruling.
Professional & Community Involvement
- Board Member, Asociación Profesionales Relaciones Laborales (Association of Labor Relations Professionals)/Member since 2012/Elected to Board in 2016, 2017 & 2018/Elected President for 2019