Francisco A. Ojeda Diez
Judge Ojeda joined the firm in April 2019, after serving for 10 years as a Superior Court Judge for the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, presiding over criminal, civil and family law matters. Prior to being appointed as a Superior Court Judge, Judge Ojeda worked for 3 years at the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico’s Department of Justice, supervising attorneys involved mainly in litigating before the U.S. District Court for the District of Puerto Rico. Before that, he was an Assistant United States Attorney for 3 years at the United States Attorney’s office in San Juan, PR, where he was a member of the Violent Crimes and Narcotics Division. Prior to that, he was a member of the Federal Litigation Division at the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico Department of Justice for five years, where he litigated a number of cases dealing with violation to federal laws, including civil rights and employment discrimination, amongst others. Judge Ojeda began his legal career as an Associate at McConnell Valdes, LLC, in the Litigation Department, dealing mainly with admiralty and civil cases.
At Estrella, Judge Ojeda is involved in litigation, both at the Federal and State level, including commercial and contract disputes, complex litigation, premises liability and insurance defense, and many other areas of the firm.
- University of London/L.L.M./ 1995
- University of Puerto Rico Law School/JD/1994
- Tulane University/BA/1991
- Board Appointments
Honors & Awards
- Attorney of the year, 1999, Commonwealth of Puerto Rico’s Department of Justice
- Preliminary Hearing Seminar, State’s Court Administration, October 2012
- Criminal Procedures for Correction Officers, Administration of Corrections, May 2012
- Criminal Procedures for Correction Officers, Administration of Corrections, July 2014