Carlos Infante Gutiérrez
Carlos is the Bankruptcy Practice Leader at Estrella LLC. He has a B.A. in Business Administration from Boston College University, where he graduated in 2004. He obtained his JD from the University of Puerto Rico School of Law and his M.B.A. with a concentration in Finance from the University of Puerto Rico Graduate School of Business, both in 2011.
Prior to joining our firm, Carlos clerked for Chief Judge Mildred Cabán at the Bankruptcy Court for the District of Puerto Rico, where he aided in the management, analysis and resolution of all types of bankruptcy matters during a period of record bankruptcy filings in Puerto Rico. After concluding his bankruptcy clerkship, Carlos founded his own firm where he provided legal and business consulting services to government entities, including the Government Development Bank for Puerto Rico, regarding restructuring alternatives, risk management initiatives, contingency planning, regulatory compliance and structuring of complex financial transactions. He also provided general corporate advice to private sector clients focused in maximizing available incentives including those offered by Acts 20, 22 and 135. Most recently, Carlos worked at a major law firm in San Juan where he developed experience conducting internal corporate investigations throughout Latin America and participated in various civil proceedings and securities arbitrations. Carlos also advised clients regarding the effects of the approval of the Puerto Rico Oversight, Management and Economic Stability Act (PROMESA) on their property interests.
Carlos is a volunteer for CARE, an organization focused on providing financial literacy education to kids and young adults.
- University of Puerto Rico School of Law/JD/2011
- Editor of Business Law Journal
- University of Puerto Rico Graduate School of Business/M.B.A. concentration in Finance/2011
- Thea Bowman AHANA Scholar
- Boston College University/Carroll School of Management/B.A. in Business Management/2004
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- Secretary of Risk Management Committee for the Government Development Bank for Puerto Rico (2015-2016)
- Puerto Rico Housing Incentives Policy: Analyzing Government Sponsored Housing Incentives from 2006-2011. 3 No. 2 U. Puerto Rico Bus. L. J. 316
Professional & Community Involvement
- Coordinator and Volunteer for CARE (Credit Abuse Resistance Education)